Live In-Person Events Are Back!
Welcome back to the LACC! On July 15, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom retired California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy and reopened the state. This provided the gateway for the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) to hold in-person, live events once again. This page is intended to communicate the most current information for clients and visitors. As the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic develops daily, please check back with this page periodically. For the most current information on LA County’s response, please visit the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LADPH). The following is in place as of August 23, 2021.
A face covering is required at the Los Angeles Convention Center in indoor and outdoor settings.
Anyone (2 years and older) will be denied entrance into the building without a face covering.
ATTENDING AN EVENT
Any person attending an event, two years of age or older, whether indoor or outdoor, must wear a face covering while at the LACC regardless of vaccination status in accordance to the LADPH Health Officer’s Order. For certain events, event organizers are required to screen for vaccination or negative testing status.
In addition to any state or county public health guidance, event organizers may implement additional safety protocols they find appropriate to safeguard attendees and staff. Event attendees are to comply to all health and safety protocols required by the event they are attending. Please visit the event’s website for complete details.
ORGANIZING AN EVENT
The LACC stands ready to assist in planning and executing your next event with us. We are here to help you navigate the latest state and county public health guidance and health orders. When holding an event at the LACC:
- Face coverings are required for attendees, staff, exhibitors/vendors and contractors regardless of vaccination status in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Effective September 20, 2021 through November 1, 2021 (*), events with more than 1,000 or more daily attendance are required to screen and verify full-vaccination or negative testing status.
- There is no requirement for physical distancing or limited capacities.
- Local public health guidance must be communicated at the point of registration or ticket point-of-sale.
- Have signage communicating the current public health requirements displayed prominently at the entrance of the event. Sample entry signs are available for download at LADPH.
- Face coverings may only be removed while eating or drinking when seated at a designated dining area or while standing stationary.
(*) On October 15, 2021, the CA Department of Public Health will review this order to determine if it will be extended.
Every event is unique in its vision and how that vision is executed. Your event health and safety plan will reflect that distinctiveness as well. Use our Frequently Asked Questions and our Health and Wellness Resource to guide you in creating the safest environment for your event.
OUR CLEAN AND HEALTHY PROMISE
The LACC has always been committed to providing a clean, safe and healthy venue for anyone coming through our doors and as we begin welcome back in-person events that commitment has never been more in focus. Those attending events at the LACC can be assured that they are in an environment that has benefited from innovative cleaning equipment, heighted sanitation and disinfection protocols and ventilation mechanics that comply with CDC and Cal/OSHA standards. Collectively, these efforts have forged the LACC Clean and Safe Promise.