COVID-19 STATUS UPDATE
The state of the COVID-19 pandemic in Los Angeles develops daily. This page is intended to provide the most current information for clients and visitors of the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) – subject to change without notice. For the most updated information on LA County’s response, please visit LA County Department of Public Health (LADPH).
LACC'S REOPENING AND RECOVERY UPDATES
Roadmap to Recovery: We'll Meet You There
The LACC has developed a dedicated action plan on operating safely for the imminent reopening of the Convention Center. As a reminder, the LACC is not currently open for events. Our anticipated reopening date is June 15, 2021.
The LACC commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe venue for our visitors and staff has always been a top priority and that has not wavered today. This promise took shape in the following actions:
- The LACC is the first convention center on the west coast to receive the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation.
- As part of ASM Global, the LACC implemented VenueShield in all aspect of our cleaning, sanitation and disinfection protocols. Drawing upon 325 ASM-managed venues worldwide and guided by leading public health experts, the VenueShield program provides for the highest levels of cleaning and safety through an evolving approach of collecting and monitoring data, researching new technology and products, and updating best practices to inspire consumer confidence.
- In partnership ABM, our preferred cleaning contractor, the LACC developed the Blue Tower Program which calls for enhancements in our cleaning and building maintenance operations. The Program is dedicated to continuous staff training, targeted cleaning standards for event and non-event days, use of the most effective products, equipment and technology in the market and focused facility maintenance plans.
At the LACC, we rely on science that guides the LA County Department of Public Health (LADPH) to implement infection control mandates in reopening business sectors in our city. Clients, attendees, visitors, contractors and staff must adhere to the following as required by LADPH:
- Wear face coverings.
- Maintain 6-feet physical distance.
- Wash hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Screening for health and wellness
The LACC waits with eagerness and excitement to open its doors to welcome events once again!
Upcoming events at the LACC will be required to comply with LADPH protocols including, but not limited to, face coverings, social distancing, health and wellness checks, capacity limitations and event cleaning standards. For specific questions regarding planning your event, please contact our Event Services team.
For the latest status of your favorite LACC event or information on admission or refunds, please contact the event organizers directly through the event website.
When you are ready, we are here to help you book your event! Contact our Sales team for upcoming available dates and space.
Recognizing that the road ahead will be reimagined in unique and pivotal ways, the LACC is prepared to do business driven by the highest industry standards and a promise to create exceptional experiences. Here are just a few of the things we have done in anticipation of welcoming you back to our venue.
- Be UnConventional – a one-sheet resource that outlines some best practices to tackle public health protocols.
- Floor plans incorporating current physical distancing requirements.
- Studio 411 – a dedicated streaming or broadcast studio with built-in technology and production elements.
- Signs and graphics in public areas to highlight infection control practices
- A new cleaning, sanitation and disinfection (CSD) team dedicated to the care of high-touch public areas.
- LACC currently uses filters designed to meet the air-filtration efficiency criteria required for LEED EB Gold (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building certification.
- Hybrid event packages
- Virtual site visit platform
- No-touch water filling stations
- Touch-free technology throughout including hand sanitizers, paper towel dispensers, soap dispensers, water closets and faucets.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations in public areas
- Catering options that are innovative, culinary-focused and mindful of safety.
- Attractive distancing barriers to enhance food & beverage services
- Touchless payment portals at café and portables.
For additional details on these efforts, please contact our Event Services team.