The Los Angeles Convention Center attracts millions of visitors annually and is renowned internationally as a prime site for conventions, trade shows and exhibitions.
Located in the cultural, business, and entertainment mecca of Downtown Los Angeles, the LACC is an integral economic component of the Southern California area, and remains an enduring symbol of environmental sustainability and social responsibility for our community. First opened to the public in 1971, the LACC has since undergone modernization and expansion; as a testament to our continuous effort to enhance our facility and services, the LACC has completed numerous Alteration & Improvement Projects as well as Capital Improvement Projects. These critical projects have enhanced both functionality and aesthetics of the LACC and include:
- The installation of a 2.21-megawatt solar array that significantly reduces our carbon footprint
- Addition of a rooftop garden
- Upgraded the parking system to expedite transaction time
- EV Charging stations in the parking garages
- Added hundreds of digital security cameras throughout the facility
- Replaced existing carpet
- Installed the latest energy-efficient products such as “cool roofs” and new air handling units
- Replaced restroom and kitchen faucets and dishwashers with low-flow equipment
- Installed water-filling stations throughout the facility to aid in the diversion of single-use plastic bottles
- Remodeled the Theatre (411)
- Upgraded Café furniture
- Added new modern lobby furntiure throughout the facility
- Upgraded IT infrastructure and operating systems throughout the Center
The LACC continues to upgrade the facility. Stay tuned for exciting updates!
- More than 2 million visitors annually
- 350 events hosted annually
- 720,000 sq. ft. of exhibit hall space
- 147,000 sq. ft. of meeting room space
- 64 column-free meeting rooms
- 48 lighted and covered freight loading docks
- Newly renovated 299-seat theatre complete with rear screen projection, ideal for presentations and screenings
- Wi-Fi available throughout the building
- Full-service business center operated by Image Quest Plus (IQ)
- Local, eco-friendly dining options and catering services on-site
- On-site parking for over 5,600 vehicles, including 12 charging stations for electric vehicles
- Shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off on-site
- Recipient of US Green Building Council’s LEEDEB:O+M GOLD Certification in 2010 recertified at the Gold level in and 2015, and again in 2020
- ADA compliant
- Breastfeeding-friendly facility with two lactation rooms
- Two gender neutral restrooms
- Easily accessible from anywhere in Los Angeles
- Desirable location surrounded by cultural and historical attractions as well as first-class accommodations
Contact Us today to learn more about how LACC can successfully host your next meeting or event.
Did You Know?
- All of the Beatles have performed live at the LACC, except for John Lennon.
- The LACC is the largest convention center in the U.S. to be LEED-EB Gold recertified.
- LACC is the first convention center in the U.S. to receive the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) award.
- In 1984 the LACC served as the Main Press Headquarters for 8,000 journalists covering the Games of the XXIII Olympiad. The Center was fully staffed around the clock, 24 hours a day, for 18 days. Motorcyclists rushed 10,000 rolls of film from venue sites to West Hall for processing.
- World renowned architects I.M. Pei & Partners, Inc. & Gruen Associates led the design of one of LACC’s major expansions in the late ‘80s.
- The LACC hosts several high-profile entertainment events, including the BET Experience, the Emmy Awards Governors Ball, and the Grammy Awards Celebration.